4.19.2016

A custom proposal book for Samantha & Sian

I get a lot of very sweet commission requests. Every now and then, there's one that comes along that scares the hell out of me. A commission so big and so sweet that I'm terrified of screwing it up, and ultimately screwing up the big day or surprise for someone else. 

This book was one of those "holy hell sweet and daunting" books. 

Sian contacted me a while ago about putting together a "children's book" about how she and her then girlfriend Sam met. The book would go through how they met, their travels together, meeting family, and ultimately end with a surprise trip where Sian would propose on the last night, on the very last page. Ring illustration included. 

Like I said, holy hell sweet and daunting. 

Luckily, Sian already had the story framed out so all I needed to do was illustrate and bind it! It was so fun to watercolor these two and their incredible story of dating across two continents. 

Sian was so sweet and so much fun to collaborate with that it made the entire daunting process so much easier to tackle. I also got a sweet review from Sian so I can guess the proposal went over well!



There's some more photos up on my website if you're curious to see...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments! I love comments!